FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY - Expressions of Interest - Horse Paddock Lease
Expressions of Interest are invited for a three-year lease of the land known as the ‘Horse Paddock’. The lease will run from 1 March 2020 to 28 February 2023 and will be given on the proviso that once during the three years a legume crop is grown and a one tonne per hectare lime program is carried out within the first year of the lease.
Expressions of interest close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 11 December 2019 and are to be sent to the Shire for the attention of Ms Zoey Eyre, PO Box 99 Dumbleyung WA 6350 or emailed to email@example.com.
SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG SALE OF UNUSED MATERIALS (FENCING)
The Shire of Dumbleyung proposes to dispose of the following fencing materials surplus to the requirements of the Fence Road Project and is seeking offers to purchase the material.
The cost to replace these materials is estimated at between $7,500 and $8,000. A reserve price has been set, and the materials will not be sold if this is not reached.
Persons wishing to purchase the materials should provide a written offer, addressed to the undersigned, and delivered to the Shire Administration Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.00pm Friday 16 November 2019, stating the amount being offered for each separate lot.
15 x 200m rolls of Southern Wire Fastlock 6/90/45
26 - 3.5”x 2.16m prefab strainers
55 - 1.5”x 3.25m struts
17 - 1.5” x 2.2m struts
Inspection of the materials can be arranged by contacting the undersigned or Calvin Shotter, Manager of Works and Services on 9863 4012.
Peter Crispin, Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 99, Dumbleyung WA 6350
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF ELECTORS & ANNUAL REPORT
The Annual General Meeting of Electors is to be held on: Tuesday 26th November 2019
Time – 7.00pm
Where – Council Chambers, Dumbleyung
Purpose of meeting and order of business:
• Confirmation of Minutes of EGM held on 5 February 2019
• Receive Shire Presidents Report 2018/2019
• Receive Auditors Report 2018/2019
• Receive Annual Report 2018/2019
• General Business
Copies of the Annual Report for 2018/19 are available at the Dumbleyung Shire Office, Dumbleyung Library, Kukerin Library and the Shire Website www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au
Copies will also be available at the meeting.
Thank you, Shire of Dumbleyung
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST COUNCIL CHRISTMAS CATERING
The Shire of Dumbleyung is seeking expressions of interest to supply food and catering services for the Council Christmas Dinner in December.
When: Thursday 19 December 2019 at 7pm
Where: Shire of Dumbleyung Council Chambers
Numbers: 30-40 people (numbers confirmed closer to date)
Budget: Maximum $40 per head
3 Course Meal comprising of Appetisers,
Main Course and Desserts required.
To register your interest please submit a menu to Zoey Eyre by 4.00pm Monday 2 December 2010 by post to: Shire of Dumbleyung, Attention – Zoey Eyre, PO Box 99 Dumbleyung WA 6350, dropped in to the administration office or emailed to email@example.com
For further information please contact Zoey Eyre on 9863 4012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSE TOMORROW (THURSDAY)!!Citizen of the Year Awards NOMINATIONS
Do you know an outstanding community member or group who deserves a little recognition for their efforts?
Nominate them today for the Shire of Dumbleyung Community Citizen of the Year Award!NOMINATIONS CLOSE 31ST OCTOBER
Request a nomination form at the shire office or nominate online:
Awards presented at the annual Shire Australia Day Breakfast
COUNCIL WRAP UP
Following elections, Cr Julie Ramm has been elected unopposed as Shire President and Cr Jacki Ball has been elected as Deputy Shire President.
Decisions from the Ordinary Meeting of Council held in Dumbleyung 24 October 2019.
- The Shire will be conducting an Extraordinary Election on 17 January 2020 to fill one vacancy for the North ward. Advertising will commence soon, and the official nomination period will be 4 December to 11 December 2019
- The Shire approved an additional service charge for the Fence Road Drainage Scheme to cover the cost of damage repairs and annual administration fee to be charged at an equal rate per landowner. The disused fencing material will be re-advertised with the addition of a reserve price
- Council will provide a response to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries regarding the proposed Draft Code of Conduct and Draft CEO Standards
- Council gave Development Approval for a Home Occupation (Food Production) Application for Lot 19 (No 25) Taylor Street, Dumbleyung
- Council gave Development Approval for a Home Occupation (Food Production) Application for Lot 165 (No 38) Taylor Street, Dumbleyung
- Council gave Development Approval for a Home Occupation (Food Production) Application for Lot 5955 (No 1652) White Well Road, Dongolocking
- Council gave Development Approval for a New Retaining Wall on Lot 11 (No 26) Love Street, Dumbleyung
- Council gave a two-year extension on the Development Approval for a Single House and associated garage and carport on Lot 185 (No 91) Taylor Street, Dumbleyung
- Council adopted the Shire of Dumbleyung Audit Management Report for 2018/19
- Council accepted the Shire of Dumbleyung Annual Report for 2018/19
- Council set the date for the Electors’ General Meeting which will be held in Council Chambers at 7.00pm on 26 November 2019
As there will need to be an Extraordinary Election for the vacancy on Council, please consider whether you could help with decision making for the community and apply for this position. If you have any queries, please contact one of the existing Councillors or the Chief Executive Officer.
Peter Crispin, Chief Executive Officer
Building a Shed, House or Any Other Structure ON YOUR FARM OR IN TOWN?
The Shire of Dumbleyung requires that a Building Permit be issued prior to the construction of a shed, patio, pergola, carport, garage, outbuilding, new dwelling or additions to an existing dwelling, grouped dwelling or additional dwellingboth in town and on farms. Please visit https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/building for further information and contact the 9863 4012 prior to commencing any works to ensure you have the relevant approvals.
Prepare Your Home and Property for the Bushfire Season
The below website links contain everything you need to know about fire safety. Can’t access the links? Just contact the shire office if you have any questions.
ARE YOU READY | FULL WEBSITE
CHECKLIST PREPARING YOUR PROPERTY
PREPARE ACT SURVIVE GUIDE
RESTRICTED BURNING PERIOD
19th September to 31st October
1st February to 31st March
Restricted Burning Period – It is unlawful to set fire to the bush during this time except in accordance with a permit obtained. The Restricted Burning Period can be varied i.e. shortened, extended, suspended, reimposed by the Shire 14 days at a time if seasonal conditions require.
PROHIBITED BURNING PERIOD
1st November to 31st January
Burning is also prohibited on Good Friday and Easter Sunday
Prohibited Burning Period – means that the time of the year during when it is declared by the Minister to be unlawful to set fire to the bush. Protective burning and burning to harvest clover can be carried out during this time only in accordance with a permit obtained.
REMINDER: BE FIRE SAFE ANNUALLY BY NOVEMBER 1 (Mowing and fire breaks)
Houses For Rent
Well aged units available for rent:
42A Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
23 Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
1/32 Bath Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
2/32 Bath Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
27B Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
Facility & equipment hire
When hiring facilities, plant and equipment from the Shire, please complete the paperwork and pay the bond and hire fee at the office. On returning equipment, please contact the office for an inspection and refund of the bond.
READ THE MOST RECENT LAKE EXPRESS NEWSLETTER HERE: https://mailchi.mp/210972e5a556/shire-newsletter-lake-express-2081665?e=[UNIQID]