Attendees became grant gurus with feedback from the workshop including ‘Really good getting discussion and feedback from the group’ and ‘Thanks a lot to the Michelle and the CRC for organising a really informative session’.
An engaging evening with relevant information, participants went home with notes to put into practice when applying for their next grant.
Participants learnt and discussed,
- Ask questions. Call the funding body and ask how will the grant be assessed and what other projects have been successful?
- Have your ‘background’ ready! Many grants will ask for a background of your organisation and there is no need to recreate the wheel each time. Keep a short paragraph (or two) ready, include your mission statement and copy this across to each grant you apply for.
- Make sure your timeline is realistic!
- When you’ve completed your grant, read it out loud!
- Whether you’ve been successful or not – always ask for feedback from the funding body.