In our inaugural year the CRC has been able to offer more than 35 different workshops or events, with over 300 people attended one or more of the initiatives- so thanks! The CRC is slowly growing to be a vibrant community hub with the relocation of the Dumbleyung Library and the Dumbleyung Toy Library to the CRC and inclusion of morning tea hotspot along came Henry café.
One year down and many more exciting years to come, so a sincere thanks to everyone for their support.
In other exciting news, Davina Gossage has joined our team as a casual employee! Although not new to Dumbleyung, Davina is new to the CRC so we thought this would be the perfect time to shed some light on a few things you may or may not know about the CRC (and its staff)!
1. CRC’s across Western Australia are a Royalties for Regions initiative – Yes we are separate to the
Shire! Ally reports to the Department of Regional Development every six months to secure funding which assists in the day to day running of the centre.
2. If you could only take three things to a deserted island what would they
Ally – Bear Grylls, my mum’s stew and a can of Bushmans Mozzie
Davina – A bit of fencing wire, my yoga mat and some White Castello
3. The library is located in the CRC and receives new books and DVDs once a month! You can also request books/DVDs – Hibernate this winter and
request Season 1-5 of ‘Downtown Abbey’
4. Summer or winter? Hailing from Paraburdoo in the Northwest Ally prefers summer. Davina prefers spring!
5. The Quack Chat has over 260 subscribers
6. There’s no distance great or small with video conferencing facilities! The CRC has video
conferencing facilities for anyone to utilise.
7. What’s your guilty pleasure (PG rated of course!)? Ally can’t go past a bucket of hot chips and
Davina’s is chocolate!
8. Favourite place you’ve ever visited? Ally would fly back to India in a heartbeat and Davina would
visit the Bungle Bungles tomorrow (But she has to work Friday, so that won’t be happening).
9. There are over 300 visitors to the Dumbleyung CRC website every Wednesday the Quack Chat is
10. The most opened article of the Quack Chat to date is the MAYyouDARE article on May 7th, 2016