To be a welcoming and engaging community hub, provide access to information and services which encourage personal, social, economic and tourism development and ultimately building capacity within the Shire of Dumbleyung.
The Dumbleyung CRC is your local hub! We are a community run not for profit business and it’s the support from the community that assists us to hold a variety of services, workshops and events that otherwise aren’t possible.
We are here to help, assist and build a sense of belonging for individual members, community groups, other businesses and the whole Shire. Together we believe we can build, grow, learn and create a bigger and brighter future for our Shire.
We have a new executive committee. Our AGM was held in March and the executive committee is: Chairperson Julie Ramm, Vice Chairperson Chelsea Mott, Treasurer Tegan Hall and Secretary Daniel McDougall.
A few facts about your local hub this Neighbourhood Centre Week:
- We have recently applied for funding from the Department of Regional Development which will assist us to open the doors each weekday until 2020
- Since our inception we’ve been able to build a database of over 280 local and ex-local community members to the weekly newsletter the Quack Chat
- The average open rate of the Quack Chat is 81.7%
- The CRC building is on a peppercorn lease from the Shire, any queries/suggestions for the CRC that you may have go to the CRC rather than the Shire – come and see us!
- We have recently been given the opportunity to employee a trainee, reinvesting into our community
- In addition to our current income avenues we have two other projects we hope will assist us in becoming a more sustainable business,
- Kitchen upgrade – we have applied for a grant from the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) which will assist with renovating the back kitchen to be more user friendly and commercially viable. The kitchen would be available to hire and cater events internal or external to the CRC.
- Community Entertainment Package – we are fundraising to purchase a community bouncy castle and outdoor movie screen package. These items will make the cost of running CRC events more affordable and will be available to hire for locals and other towns
- CRC’s are a Royalties for Regions initiative and funding is government dependent
- Each year in May we celebrate Community and Neighbourhood Centre Week! It’s a nationwide initiative that celebrates, recognises and promotes the role of community and neighbourhood centres in the community, like that of the Dumbleyung Community Resource Centre (CRC). A common thread that runs through all these like-minded centres is their inclusive nature: anyone and everyone is welcome!
To help us be a better community hub we’d love any feedback! If you have an idea you’d like to see be implemented, a question about the Quack Chat or feedback in general please call us on 9863 4829 or email email@example.com.