Greening Australia and the Blackwood Basin Group would like to inform landholders in the general area of the Upper Blackwood Basin area about soon to be announced funding under the Australian Governments
20 Million Trees Program
Greening Australia is one of three service providers delivering outcomes into this national tree planting program and since the program began in 2015 we have worked in partnership to implement over 1,400ha of revegetation using a combination of direct seeding and tube stock.
We are keen to discuss with local Upper Blackwood Basin farmers how this funding opportunity can be utilised to deliver multiple on-farm benefits.
- Biodiverse plantings to stabilise waterways, buffer remnant vegetation and create new habitat areas for specific local animals.
And we can also discuss other styles of revegetation for your farms including:
- Native based fodder systems to revitalise degraded low productive land and improve productivity
- Contribute to autumn feed gap requirements
- Reduce effects of wind erosion on susceptible soils
- Create profitable grazing on areas under threat of salinity
- Shade, shelter and fodder for ewes with lamb or off-shears
- Biodiverse sandalwood plantings
Blackwood Basin Landcare Officer
or Anne Smith from Greening Australia on 0427 088 397
Please note that implementation of all proposed project areas will be dependent on Greening Australia being successful in our 20 Million Trees tender process.