The Regional Landcare Group is asking you to lodge an expression of interest (EOI) regarding landcare projects with the estimated cost that you would be interested in implementing over the next 5 years.
For individual projects please click on the link below to complete the EOI form and return it to SWCC before the deadline.
However, if the project extends across a Catchment, details can be collated and this can be submitted as a Catchment EOI.
For further details please contact Claudia at the Landcare Office. Ph: 98634225 or 0429612447.
2018 FOX SHOOT – SAVE THE DATE !
2018 annual fox shoot will be held on Friday March 16th with the count and breakfast to be held on Saturday March 17th in the morning.
Currently there are large numbers of foxes from all ages sighted around the Shire. If you prefer to trap or bait them now please call me (Claudia on 98634225 for further information).
Fox Shoot Breakfast – A small charge of $5 per Adult will apply, children free.
Venue – To be confirmed
Teams will need to register - Please Contact Claudia at the Landcare Office on 98634225 or 0429 612 447 to lodge your interest or request a form. Thankyou.
NATIONAL LANDCARE PROGRAM (NLP) FUNDING 2018 TO 2023
New NLP funding guidelines dictate that the Australian Government is asking for Tenders to be lodged whereby they will buy a service that meets their funding guidelines. This process will ensure it is a competitive and targeted process with measurable outcomes and successful results. We have worked with SWCC over the last couple of months towards them lodging a Tender for the SWCC region.
Australian Government has very specific priorities for protecting environmental assets and achieving targeted outcomes including;
- Targeting Ramsar Wetlands – 3 Ramsar listed areas fall within the SWCC region, Toolilbin, Lake Muir and Vasse Wonerup.
- Targeting Threatened species and assets including;
- There is an increase in the awareness and adoption of land management practices that improve and protect the condition of soil, biodiversity and vegetation.
- There is an increase in the capacity of agriculture systems to adapt to significant changes in climate and market demands for information on provenance and sustainable production.
- SWCC will work with organisations and narrow down the project list to the 8 (max) projects allowed to submitted and meet the outcomes being sought by the Australia Government. This will initially include the core services and one project for Agriculture and one for the Environment.
- New NLP funds will only be available for distribution in the shire if the nominated SWCC project is to be implemented in the local vicinity and the Sub contractor is independently financed and managed and has the capacity to provide a service to the overall outcomes of that specific project.
- In a nutshell, funding from the Australian Government via SWCC will be very limited over the next 5 years unless we can attract and support one or part thereof a potential SWCC project for the region and more importantly have the available service and capacity to deliver the specific needs as required by SWCC.
- I urge you all, please complete and submit the EXPRESSION of INTEREST form by 16 February 2018.
- Further clarification on details outlined please contact;
- South West Catchments Council, Bunbury Office.Verschuer Place, PO Box 5066 Bunbury WA 6230 Phone