The South West Community Capacity & Engagement Grants are hosted by the South West Catchments Council (SWCC), through funding from the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme (NLP).
These grants are designed to support NRM and Landcare community engagement activities within the South West NRM Region that address the following NLP strategic objectives:
- Communities are managing landscapes to sustain long-term economic and social benefits from their environment.
- Farmers and fishers are increasing their long-term returns through better management of the natural resource base.
- Communities are involved in caring for their environment.
- Communities are protecting species and natural assets.
- Maintain and improve ecosystem services through sustainable management of local and regional landscapes.
- Increase in the number of farmers and fishers adopting practices that improve the quality of the natural resource base, and the area of land over which those practices are applied.
- Increase engagement and participation of the community, including Landcare, farmers and Indigenous people, in sustainable natural resource management.
- Increase restoration and rehabilitation of the natural environment, including protecting and conserving nationally and internationally significant species, ecosystems, ecological communities, places and values.
As this funding is provided through the Australian Government’s National Landcare Programme, it is a requirement that you acknowledge the funding source appropriately. At a minimum, you must include the South West Catchments Council (SWCC) and Australian Government / National Landcare Programme logo on any promotional or published materials.
Please refer to the SWCC Funding Acknowledgement Guidelines for more information at https://swccnrm.org.au/about-us/funding/.
Any media co-created with SWCC will need to be approved by SWCC.
Reporting requirements for this funding support are not intended to be onerous. Prior to your organisation receiving funding, you must provide SWCC with a completed Evaluation Report. You are also welcome to include additional material such as a summary report, video testimonial, photos (with caption), art or other format of your choice.
Please note that any materials submitted, including photos and artwork, may be used by SWCC for promotional purposes, so please ensure you have permissions to use the images and the names of those pictured.
Local Governments are welcome to submit EOIs for this funding if they are applying in partnership with/on behalf of a community group.
Appropriate activities include, but are not limited to:
- Capacity building workshops
- Peer learning activities
- Awareness raising events and initiatives
- Extension, engagement and communication materials – associated with a Landcare activity
- Grants are available to Landcare and community groups, as well as local governments.
- EOIs assessed as they are received until funds are fully allocated.
- Funds are limited and once all funds are allocated we will not be able to accept further EOIs.
- Grants are limited to up to $1,000 (exc GST) per EOI.
EOIs will be assessed against the following criteria, based on the information submitted as a part of your EOI:
- The activity addresses the Australian Government’s NLP strategic objective(s) above.
- It demonstrates a focus on building community capacity and engagement.
- It illustrates the benefits to broader community and NRM/Landcare sector.
- It presents value for money.
Activities must be delivered and reporting submitted prior to 31 May 2018.