Gallagher have partnered with Landcare Australia to deliver the Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grants 2019. This partnership demonstrates our shared commitment to supporting local communities to care for the environment and improve sustainable agriculture outcomes.
The grants provide funding to undertake fencing projects, using Gallagher’s products, which MUST have:
- Tangible environmental or sustainable agriculture outcomes;
- Fencing products and a project plan developed together with their local Gallagher Territory Manager; and
- Provide knowledge-sharing opportunities through field day(s), site visit(s) or demonstration(s).
Projects should also align with one or both follow two priority areas:
1. Grazing management
Electric fencing has revolutionised pasture management techniques meaning better profitability for farmers. Permanent or portable systems are used to subdivide pastures for more effective grazing, keeping the grass fresh, short, high energy and palatable which ultimately leads to increased milk and meat production; and/or
2. Conservation fencing
Installing conservation fencing can help exclude threats to valuable native plants and animals, such as: Browsing or trampling by herbivores (such as stock, rabbits or kangaroos); Preventing damage from people; or even to keep out introduced pests.
Project Funding Available
A total pool of $100,000 (ex-GST) of funding is available for the Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grants 2019. Eligible applicants are invited to apply for an individual fencing project grant for up to $8,000 (ex-GST) (including fencing materials - with costs to be determined in consultation with your local Gallagher Territory Manager), in one or both priority areas identified:
- Grazing management; and/or
- Conservation fencing.
Successful applications will be chosen based on the following criteria:
● Expected environmental (e.g. improving biodiversity) and sustainable agriculture outcomes;
● Expected knowledge-sharing outcomes through field day(s), site visit(s) or demonstration(s);
● Submission of a Project Plan developed together with a local Gallagher Territory Manager, to determine product requirements and levels of in-kind support.
● Engagement with local landcare or environment group, and / or local landcare Facilitators, Coordinators, councils or catchment/NRM organisation.
● Consideration of maintenance of project outcomes;
● Feasible and technically-sound activities;
● A realistic, relevant and detailed project budget that demonstrates value for money, including the value of fencing being provided by Gallagher (Gallagher TM will provide this as part of project planning).
Activities and costs that we will fund
Including but not limited to:
- Planting of native species indigenous to your local area
- Obtaining expert advice
- Field days, workshops, training or skill development sessions
- Conducting monitoring and surveys
- Contractor and labour costs
- Administration costs (max. 10% of funding requested)
- Removal of invasive weeds
- Seed collection and propagation
- Nest box construction & installation
- Rocks and rocks as shelter for animals
- Events, Field Days and Knowledge-sharing of sustainable agricultural and environmental issues.
- Installation of interpretative signage
Landcare Australia reserves the right to decide if other activities are suitable for funding or not. If you are unsure of a funding activity, please contact Landcare Australia on
(02) 8440 8819 or email: email@example.com
How to apply
Groups can apply for the Gallagher Landcare Fencing Grants 2019 on the Landcare Australia Communities Portal until Friday 31st May 2019 (3pm AEST).
Project MUST be completed by 3rd DECEMBER 2019
If you have any questions after reading these Guidelines, please contact Landcare Australia’s Grants Team on (02) 8440 8819 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Claudia at the Landcare Office on 9863 4225