The following words run across the rope that ties all together:
Our landscapes, bush, flora and Fauna are precious and thus priceless. If we lose them, they are gone forever. Beauty constantly surrounds you and awaits your discovery. Nature is full of delightful surprises. Every living creature wants to be free to live their lives as they choose. When there is no balance everything loses. After their habitat disappears, they soon follow. For endangered species we are both their greatest enemy and their greatest hope.
- They will not put up a fight.
- They will not beg reprieve.
- They will not say goodbye.
- They will not cry out.
- They will just vanish.
- After they are gone, there will be silence.
- There will be stillness.
- There will be empty places.
- Nothing you can say will change this.
- Nothing you do will bring them back.
Words taken from the book ‘Priceless’, the vanishing beauty of a fragile planet by Bradley Trevor Greive.
Article supplied by Kerry Scally