- Vi Barham Award – Congratulations to Tandice Smith on being shortlisted for this prestigious award! Since completing a standardised academic test and successfully moving into the top 10 students Tandice will now sit a formal interview in Narrogin which will determine the winner. The winner will be announced at a special luncheon on November 14 – good luck Tandice!
- Bus arrangements – please ensure if there are any changes to your child’s after school transport arrangements, you notify the school and your bus driver. This includes if you are not using the bus, if your arrangements have changed or if another person is collecting your child.
- Second hand uniforms - if anyone has any uniforms they no longer require, particularly small sizes, can they please send them into the school. If you require additional uniforms please help yourself to the second-hand uniform box.
- Commemorative Wall Bricks – The Kukerin P&C are taking orders for bricks for the commemorative wall. Bricks can be purchased at a cost of $45 per brick. Forms are available from the school and all orders/payments are to be made by Thursday November 9.
- Congratulations to the following Merit Certifcate award winners,
Jasmine Treloar (Pre Primary) For displaying a wonderful effort towards all set tasks. Jasmine, it is pleasing to see you always trying your best and asking for help if you need it. Keep up the positive work.
Jasper Green (Pre Primary) Jasper is a quick learner who isn’t afraid to have a go. During Mathematics, Jasper enjoys learning about time and money and has excelled in numbers to 1000. Congratulations on a fantastic term, Jasper.
Theo Ayers-Dillon (Year 2) For continuing to grow in confidence when sharing his ideas during class discussions. Theo, it is wonderful to see you put so much effort into each task you are given. Keep striving for your best!
Scarlett Leo (Year 2) Scarlett, your enthusiasm towards your learning is admirable! It is wonderful to see you get excited about each task and strive for your best in every lesson! Keep shining your positive attitude!
Alby Miller (Year 3) For his positive attitude towards all areas of school life. Alby it is wonderful to see you take so much pride in your work and respect others right to learn.
Sofia Mycock (Year 6) For demonstrating fantastic leadership skills when recently participating in a group project for Geography. You showed great responsibility in organising what needed to be done each week in the lead up to presenting your assignment. Fantastic effort, Sofia.
Olivia Mycoe (Year 6) For listening to feedback and displaying perseverance when faced with challenges. It is good to see you starting to write achievable daily goals and successfully reach them. Keep challenging yourself, Olivia.
- Congratulations to Aussie of the month - Sofia Mycock for being a very friendly and considerate person. She is always looking for opportunities to help and support others. Recently she has taken our younger students for team game training.
- Dust and Tulle Dance School has started in term 4 at the Dumbleyung Town Hall. EOI to Suzanne Cronin on 0427 634 714.
- Dates to remember
November 2 – Seniors Day 1.30pm and Assembly to follow
November 30 – Assembly at 2.45pm
December 12 – End of year awards/presentation night, commences 2pm
December 14 – Last day of term for students, Dumbleyung Swimming Pool 12.30-2.30 shared lunch at pool.