- Cronin vs. Kersley 2017 Faction Carnival tomorrow! Jumps start at 10am. Supporters to bring their own lunch, chairs and umbrellas as there is limited shade and seating available.
- School uniform survey – those who haven’t completed the survey on the school Dress Code Policy please send your preferences in, we very much want your opinion.
- School Photos Reshoot- Tuesday September 12th the entire school photo and Leadership group photos will be taken outside the play areas. Please ensure your child wears the correct uniform.
- National Science Week – August 14-18 the whole school participated in daily science based activities and investigations. Children explored kinetic and potential energy, gravity, careers in science and science in daily lives.
- Book Week – Thursday August 24 the school recognised ‘Book Week’ and what excitement there was about the place with all of the terrific costumes! Thank you creative families for sending your children along with such awesome attire! Well done teachers on your dress-up efforts too!
- Uniform Sale reduced – In preparation for the arrival of the new uniform the price on old uniforms has been reduced. Green and yellow polo’s $5 and rugby jumpers $10. For more information contact uniform coordinator 0427 634 714.
- Science Week at Kukerin
The entire school celebrated the enjoyment and excitement of science by participating in three challenging and fun activities.
The first activity was to design and make a paper plane which culminated in a paper plane competition, which Aiden Dowdell won, with the longest flight distance followed closely by Thomas Smith. The second activity was to build a boat using specific materials with the aim of floating the boat in water. Each group managed to float all of their boats, with resounding success. The third and perhaps the most popular activity was to make lava lamps which each student took home to share with their families. The Alka Seltzer tablets created an explosion of colour between the oil, water and dye.
The students enjoyed all of the activities and learnt many occupations in our society stem from Science.
Article by D.Doney
- Celebrate Fathers’ day at a Family Day event! On Friday September 1 from 12.40pm. Parents (mums and dads) are invited to enjoy a sausage size and afternoon of fun! Come dressed in your favourite football team or sports team’s colours and make a gold coin donation. All funds will be going to the Fight Cancer Foundation.
- Great Aussie Crunch – Tuesday September 5 Kukerin Primary School will join other schools to simultaneously crunch on fresh vegetable and have fun doing it! Please ensure your child brings some fresh washed vegetables to crunch on!
- Athletics Carnival volunteers wanted to assist on Friday September 15. Please contact Deb Doney by Friday September 1 if you can help.
- Parenting Resources – The school has various parenting resources which are available for parents and community members to borrow. Please come in and browse through the resources and lets us know if there are any other resources we could purchase.