IN THIS ISSUE
- Bain Estate Future Fund - APPLICATIONS OPEN
- POSITION VACANT - Part Time Administration Assistant / Part Time Creditors Officer
- Communications Update
- Strategic Plan Update
And so much more!!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here: https://mailchi.mp/d90bf46f8d9f/shire-newsletter-lake-express-volume-twenty-six
POSITION VACANT SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG
Part Time Administration Assistant
Part Time Creditors Officer
(6 Month Contract – Maternity Leave)
The Shire of Dumbleyung is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person/s to join our close knit team. We are seeking applications for the following roles;
• Part Time Administration Assistant (2 days, 14 hours per week)
• Part Time Creditors Officer (2 days, 14 hours per week)
Applicants should possess suitable experience in similar roles. Local Government experience would be advantageous but not essential. Level 3 dependent on experience and qualifications.
Applications must be addressed to the undersigned and provide a current resume and contact details of two work references and a covering letter detailing your interest in one or both roles.
Further information and the position description can be obtained by contacting Mary-Ann Davidson at the shire office on 9863 4012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday 17th May 2018.
Matthew Gilfellon Chief Executive Officer
PO Box 99
Dumbleyung WA 6350
Bain Estate Future Fund - APPLICATIONS OPEN
Thank you to everyone that participated in the review of the Bain Estate Future Fund. There was a great turnout at the meeting, 23 surveys returned from those that attended and another 37 surveys from those that could not make it. There was a fairly even split between keeping the fund operating for 20 years, 30 years and forever for those that attended the meeting with a 10 year timeframe also being popular for those that did not. A large part of the feedback was that people were not set on these timeframes, provided that the money was not wasted. An overwhelming majority of the respondents were happy for funds to be spent on Playgrounds, the Pool, Halls and Community Facilities and Sporting Facilities.
Taking the feedback into account, Council approved the following changes to the Guidelines and Application Form:
• Any undistributed funds will be added to the lifespan of the fund. This will extend the fund past 30 years if not all the funding is used each year.
• Community consultation is to take place every few years regarding the future fund distribution.
• Principle 5 has been amended to say “The fund is not to be used for shire capital or maintenance costs of roads, plant and equipment, footpaths, depot and administration buildings, housing, shire employee costs, overheads or operating costs.
Three additional changes that had already been made were:
• If required, applicants must be available to attend the Council Meeting where the Bain Estate Future Fund applications are discussed.
• Applicants must seek at least one local quote for each material or service.
• The in-kind component was clarified
If you are thinking of applying for Bain Estate Funding in 2018, you should already be planning your project. As part of this, you should get in touch with Mary-Ann Davidson to discuss your project. https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/bain-estate-future-fund
Historical Locality Sign Update
This project commenced in 2016 and has involved considerable consultation with the community to date. I thank those who have joined the update email mailing list and have assisted with proofreading and content in the designated timeframes - it has been a great help. This month a number of drafts have been created with Mt Pleasant & Coarring, North Nippering and Kilburn drafts being sent via the mailing list and Quack Chat for community awareness and proofreading. Nippering and Dongolocking are now in the drafting phase with more anticipated for distribution in May. If you would like more information on the project please join the mailing list via this link http://eepurl.com/cQExx1 or contact me at the shire office on 9863 4012.
Community Development Officer
Reminder: Secure Your Rubbish
Please remember that when taking your rubbish to our waste sites, to ensure that it is secured to your ute or trailer. Waste sites are provided to try and control the disposal of rubbish, so we don’t want it strewn everywhere on the way to the waste site. The waste sites are open Saturday, Sunday and until 12noon on Mondays.