Bitumising works will be carried out on Tincurrin Rd, Fence Rd, 129 Gate Rd and Adams Rd from Tuesday 4th to Friday 7th December 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact the Shire of Dumbleyung on 9863 4012.
DUMBLEYUNG MINI MALL ‘GRAND OPENING’A HUGE SUCCESS
Thank you to the community members who supported this event on Saturday.😄🎉🎉The Dumbleyung Mini Mall is a small business incubator providing a safe space to inspire hobbies to grow into something more. We are always seeking expressions of interest for Shopkeepers or Displays. If you would like to be involved or are just curious, please contact us on 9863 4012. This is an Economic Development Initiative from the Shire of Dumbleyung. More information here:https://www.facebook.com/dumbleyungminimall
Shire office CLOSURE 24/12/2018 – 02/01/2019
The Shire of Dumbleyung Administration Offices will be closed from the 24th December 2018 until the 2nd January 2019.
LICENSING CLOSURE 20/12/2018 – 14/01/2019
The Shire of Dumbleyung Driver and Vehicle Services Agency will be closed from the 20th of December 2018 until the 14th January 2019.
During this time please call 13 11 56 for all Driver and Vehicle Services enquiries (Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm) or visit www.transport.wa.gov.au
Thank you for your co-operation.
REMINDER -Manning of Waste Sites
Commencing on Friday 30th November, the waste sites in Kukerin and Dumbleyung will be open each week at the following times:
Dumbleyung – Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm and Sunday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Kukerin – Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm and Wednesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Passes will be required for free entry to the waste sites (unlimited free visits with a pass) or charges will apply without a pass.If you have lost your pass or have not received one from your landlord please call into the shire office to collect one.
Illegal Mobile Boosters
Please be aware that using an illegal mobile phone booster affects the signal of other users. Telstra have also been in the district, searching for illegal boosters, and fines do apply for their use. Please be kind to your neighbours and purchase a legal booster instead.
DUMBLEYUNG TOWNSCAPE, TOURISM & TIDY TOWNS COMMITTEE VACANcY
Council is seeking nominations for a vacancy which exists on the Dumbleyung Townscape, Tourism & Tidy Town Committee. If you are interested in nominating for this committee please advise Zoey Eyre in writing at PO Box 99, Dumbleyung WA 6350 or email@example.com by 4pm on Wednesday 12th December 2018. Please contact the Shire on 9863 4012 if you require further information.
We are transitioning to having a Landcare mailing list to ensure that Landcare Information is getting to those that need it. To ensure that you receive this information, please sign up here http://eepurl.com/dL9Juc or contact Claudia at the Landcare office on 9863 4225.
First TRIP COMPLETED BY THE Community Assisted Transport Scheme (CATS)
The car has arrived and the drivers have taken their first client to an appointment.
Following a successful application to the Bain Estate, Helen Gooding and Bob Bray, in conjunction with the shire, have been working to get the CATS to the point of being ready to operate. The scheme pairs volunteer drivers with a client to ensure that services outside of our area can be accessed. All it costs the client is a $50 fee in addition to their PATS reimbursement which goes to ensuring the scheme remains viable in the future.
Who can use the service?
The service is available to ALL residents of the shire;
- For journeys to specialist medical appointments; or
- Allied health appointments where the service is not available locally; or
- For compassionate reasons;
- Clients under the age of 18 shall be required to have a guardian accompany them on the journey.
Are you interested in volunteering to be a driver?
We are on the look-out for more drivers. If you are interested, simply contact the Coordinator, Helen Gooding, to find out more. To be eligible you must:
- Hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s licence;
- Register as a shire volunteer;
- Sign a confidentiality agreement;
- Undertake an induction for any relevant OSH, to familiarise themselves with the car and basic maintenance (eg. refuelling, changing tyres etc) and procedures of how to access the vehicle.
- A police check may be required at the discretion of the CEO;
- First Aid Training is recommended, but not essential;
- Drivers shall be responsible for any illegal acts undertaken;
- Drivers will be responsible for any food or drink required while undertaking their duties.
Dumbleyung Swimming Pool NOW OPEN – YOU CAN pay your pool passes at the shire office
Open 7 days unless otherwise advertised
Monday 6.30am - 8.30am
12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Tuesday 12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Wednesday 6.30am - 8.30am
12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Thursday 12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Friday 6.30am - 8.30am
12.00pm - 6.00pm*
*Pool may close early if weather is cold. Please call if you are travelling after 5:00pm
If a large group (10+ people) are interested in visiting the pool outside of opening hours, please contact the Pool Manager on 9863 4227 for availability.
EARLIER CLOSING DATE! Bain Estate Future Fund 2019/20
The application closing period for the Bain Estate Future Fund 2019/20 has changed to May. With the new closing date approaching the application form is accessible on our website NOW! Download an application form here :https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/bain-estate-future-fund
SEE Something? WANT Something? SAY Something..
We rely on residents of the shire reporting faults to us, as we don’t have the resources to ensure that every road, building, park and garden in the shire is free from defects. If you see something, please report it keeping in mind the following:
1. Reports are to be made via the shire website,www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au. If you don’t have access to a computer, or prefer not to, you can make a report via the front counter of the shire, either in-person, by telephone, or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Reports are not to be made to the Manager of Works, staff not working the front counter or any staff member in their private time. We are trying to ensure every works request receives the appropriate response, but if you choose to go outside the process, we may not provide a response.
3. Works requests simply need to report what and where the fault is. If you have further helpful information please include it, but we do not require a story behind the fault. From the report, we can determine the correct treatment and if we require further information, we will get back in touch.
Following your report, we will respond to acknowledge receipt of the report as soon as it is received, and then let you know what action we plan to take within ten days. If applicable, we will then let you know when the work has been carried out.
Houses For Rent
There are currently two well aged units available for rent in Kukerin.
• 42 Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
• 23 Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
THE MONTHLY SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG NEWSLETTER 'LAKE EXPRESS' IS OUT NOW!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here