Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here
LICENSING CLOSURE 20/12/2018 – 14/01/2019
The Shire of Dumbleyung Driver and Vehicle Services Agency will be closed from the 20th of December 2018 until the 14th January 2019.
During this time please call 13 11 56 for all Driver and Vehicle Services enquiries (Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm) or visit www.transport.wa.gov.au
Thank you for your co-operation
Manning of Waste Sites
Commencing on Friday 30th November, the waste sites in Kukerin and Dumbleyung will be open each week at the following times:
Dumbleyung – Friday 9:00am to 1:00pm and Sunday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Kukerin – Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm and Wednesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Passes will be required for free entry to the waste sites (unlimited free visits with a pass) or charges will apply without a pass.
Please get in touch with the shire if you have lost your pass, or your landlord if you are renting.
Kerbside Collection 26th November 2018
Kerbside Collection will take place Monday 26th November 2018 in the Dumbleyung, Kukerin and Moulyinning town sites. Please refrain from putting out items before Saturday 24th November 2018. The Shire of Dumbleyung offer two kerbside collections per year. If you are not ready for this one keep an eye out for the next one which will be advertised next year.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST COUNCIL CHRISTMAS CATERING
The Shire of Dumbleyung is seeking expressions of interest to supply food and catering services for the Council Christmas Dinner in December.
When: Thursday 20th December 2018 at 7pm
Where: Shire of Dumbleyung Council Chambers
Numbers: 30-40 people (numbers confirmed closer to date)
Budget: Maximum $40 per head
3 Course Meal comprising of Appetisers,
Main Course and Desserts required.
To register your interest please submit a menu to Zoey Eyre by 4.00pm Monday 3rd December 2018 by post to: Shire of Dumbleyung, Attention – Zoey Eyre, PO Box 99 Dumbleyung WA 6350, dropped in to the administration office or emailed email@example.com
For further information please contact Zoey Eyre on 9863 4012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are transitioning to having a Landcare mailing list to ensure that Landcare Information is getting to those that need it. To ensure that you receive this information, please sign up here http://eepurl.com/dL9Juc or contact Claudia at the Landcare office on 9863 4225.
Community Assisted Transport Scheme (CATS)
The car has arrived and the drivers are ready to go! Following successful application to the Bain Estate, Helen Gooding and Bob Bray, in conjunction with the shire, have been working to get the CATS to the point of being ready to operate. The scheme pairs volunteer drivers with a client to ensure that services outside of our area can be accessed. All it costs the client is a $50 fee in addition to their PATS reimbursement which goes to ensuring the scheme remains viable in the future.
Who can use the service?
The service is available to ALL residents of the shire;
- For journeys to specialist medical appointments; or
- Allied health appointments where the service is not available locally; or
- For compassionate reasons;
- Clients under the age of 18 shall be required to have a guardian accompany them on the journey.
Are you interested in volunteering to be a driver?
We are on the look-out for more drivers. If you are interested, simply contact the Coordinator, Helen Gooding, to find out more. To be eligible you must:
- Hold a current ‘C’ class driver’s licence;
- Register as a shire volunteer;
- Sign a confidentiality agreement;
- Undertake an induction for any relevant OSH, to familiarise themselves with the car and basic
- procedures (eg. refuelling, changing tyres) and procedures of how to access the vehicle;
- A police check may be required at the discretion of the CEO;
- First Aid Training is recommended, but not essential;
- Drivers shall be responsible for any illegal acts undertaken;
- Drivers will be responsible for any food or drink required while undertaking their duties.
Dumbleyung Swimming Pool NOW OPEN
Open 7 days unless otherwise advertised
Monday 6.30am - 8.30am
12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Tuesday 12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Wednesday 6.30am - 8.30am
12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Thursday 12.00pm - 6.00pm*
Friday 6.30am - 8.30am
12.00pm - 6.00pm*
*Pool may close early if weather is cold. Please call if you are travelling after 5:00pm
If a large group (10+ people) are interested in visiting the pool outside of opening hours, please contact the Pool Manager for possible opening
EARLIER CLOSING DATE! Bain Estate Future Fund 2019/20
The application closing period for the Bain Estate Future Fund 2019/20 has changed to May. With the new closing date approaching the application form is accessible on our website NOW! Download application form here:https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/bain-estate-future-fund
SEE Something? WANT Something? SAY Something..
We rely on residents of the shire reporting faults to us, as we don’t have the resources to ensure that every road, building, park and garden in the shire is free from defects. If you see something, please report it keeping in mind the following:
1. Reports are to be made via the shire website, www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au. If you don’t have access to a computer, or prefer not to, you can make a report via the front counter of the shire, either in-person, by telephone, or email email@example.com.
2. Reports are not to be made to the Manager of Works, staff not working the front counter or any staff member in their private time. We are trying to ensure every works request receives the appropriate response, but if you choose to go outside the process, we may not provide a response.
3. Works requests simply need to report what and where the fault is. If you have further helpful information please include it, but we do not require a story behind the fault. From the report, we can determine the correct treatment and if we require further information, we will get back in touch.
Following your report, we will respond to acknowledge receipt of the report as soon as it is received, and then let you know what action we plan to take within ten days. If applicable, we will then let you know when the work has been carried out.
Houses For Rent
There are currently two well aged units available for rent in Kukerin.
• 42 Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
• 23 Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week