Decisions from the Ordinary Meeting of Council held in Dumbleyung 21 November 2019.
- Approval was given to Heather Wright to collect native fruit and seeds from Shire controlled reserves for a 3-year period, subject to conditions
- Council chose to receive the $14,269 surplus distribution from the insurance scheme by direct deposit.
- Council adopted updated Regional Price Preference and Purchase of Goods and Services policies
- Council instructed delegates to the Central Country Zone of WALGA how to vote on 17 items for decision
- Council voted to advise WALGA that it does not support the amendment to the preferred model for Third Party Appeal Rights in Planning
- Council voted to continue the utilities subsidy for the Dumbleyung CRC until the end of the financial year, and gave permission for the installation of solar panels if grant funding can be found
- Council gave Development Approval for a Home Occupation (Food Production) Application for Lot 171 (No 100) Taylor Street, Dumbleyung
- Council voted to extend its current short-term liquidity lending facility with the Western Australian Treasury Corporation until 30 June 2020
- Council considered the 2020 Dumbleyung Citizen of the Year Award with the result to be kept confidential until after the announcement on Australia Day 2020
The first extraordinary election (to be held 17 January 2020) will open for nominations between 4 December 2019 and 4.00pm 11 December 2019. See separate notice attached.
Chief Executive Officer
Local Government Extraordinary Elections
Friday 17 January 2020
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are called for the following Local Government Extraordinary Election, to be held on Friday, 17 January 2020 to fill the following vacancy on the Shire of Dumbleyung;
- NORTH WARD - 4 year term
- Nominations open on Wednesday, 4 December 2019
- Nominations must be lodged by 4.00pm, Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Candidates are required to lodge with the Returning Officer:
- a completed nomination in the prescribed form, signed and witnessed.
- a single A4 page profile containing not more than 150 words.
- a nomination deposit of $80.
Full details about eligibility and nomination procedures for prospective candidates in the election can be obtained by contacting the Shire of Dumbleyung.
SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG
32 Harvey Street, Dumbleyung 6350
RETURNING OFFICER: Peter Crispin
TEL: 9863 4012 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMINATION PLACE: 32 Harvey Street, Dumbleyung 6350
from our Shire President Julie Ramm
To Ratepayers of the Shire of Dumbleyung
As the newly elected President of the Shire of Dumbleyung I want to thank the Shire Councillors for their show of faith in electing me unopposed. I aim to uphold the position to the best of my ability.
To the outgoing President and who is now our Deputy President, Jacki Ball, I wish to thank Jacki for her dedication to the role over the last 2 years. Jacki has steered our ship well and on behalf of all Councillors I thank you for guiding us through a strong period of transition.
For those that don’t know me: I am married to Chris Ramm, have 2 grown children: Georgia and Jaxon and we farm cereals and sheep in the Nairibin/Datatine area. I have lived in Dumbleyung for 29 years and been actively involved in: Netball, Tennis, P&C, Hockey, Gymnastics, Bookclub, the CRC committee, Stubbs Park Board and other regional/state committees. I was also a book keeper off farm for many years but have ceased this to streamline my focus to our farm, family, friends and the role of Shire President.
During the elected term of 2 years as Shire President I look forward to working with Council, Shire staff and an engaged community to deliver key services and facilities. I aim to provide effective leadership and communication within Council and our Community. My focus will be in providing good governance and sound financial management for ratepayers within the Shire of Dumbleyung
The ability for a Council to be successful hinges on open and clear communication. I aim to improve our communication methods to the Community and rely on you, the Community, for feedback. If anyone has queries or concerns regarding Council issues, please contact either myself on 0429642014, email: email@example.com or any of our Councillors: Jacki Ball, Grant Lukins, Catherine Watkins, Marilyn Hasleby, Amy Knight or Bevan Doney.
We are fortunate to have a staff of dedicated workers in our Shire providing administration, outside works and sound management and I want to take this opportunity to thank them all. I look forward to working with Council, Shire staff and ratepayers to provide our Shire with services and facilities that best suit our needs.
FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY - Expressions of Interest - Horse Paddock Lease
Expressions of Interest are invited for a three-year lease of the land known as the ‘Horse Paddock’. The lease will run from 1 March 2020 to 28 February 2023 and will be given on the proviso that once during the three years a legume crop is grown and a one tonne per hectare lime program is carried out within the first year of the lease.
Expressions of interest close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 11 December 2019 and are to be sent to the Shire for the attention of Ms Zoey Eyre, PO Box 99 Dumbleyung WA 6350 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST COUNCIL CHRISTMAS CATERING
The Shire of Dumbleyung is seeking expressions of interest to supply food and catering services for the Council Christmas Dinner in December.
When: Thursday 19 December 2019 at 7pm
Where: Shire of Dumbleyung Council Chambers
Numbers: 30-40 people (numbers confirmed closer to date)
Budget: Maximum $40 per head
3 Course Meal comprising of Appetisers,
Main Course and Desserts required.
To register your interest please submit a menu to Zoey Eyre by 4.00pm Monday 2 December 2010 by post to: Shire of Dumbleyung, Attention – Zoey Eyre, PO Box 99 Dumbleyung WA 6350, dropped in to the administration office or emailed email@example.com
For further information please contact Zoey Eyre on 9863 4012 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Shire of Dumbleyung Australia Day Celebration and Awards 2020
The Shire of Dumbleyung Australia Day Celebration and Awards will be held Sunday 26 January 2020 from 8:30am at the Dumbleyung Swimming Pool. Everyone is welcome to come along and enjoy a free cooked breakfast :) Please RSVP to the shire office (08) 9863 4012.
Building a Shed, House or Any Other Structure ON YOUR FARM OR IN TOWN?
The Shire of Dumbleyung requires that a Building Permit be issued prior to the construction of a shed, patio, pergola, carport, garage, outbuilding, new dwelling or additions to an existing dwelling, grouped dwelling or additional dwellingboth in town and on farms. Please visit https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/building for further information and contact the 9863 4012 prior to commencing any works to ensure you have the relevant approvals.
Houses For Rent
Well aged units available for rent:
42A Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
23 Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
1/32 Bath Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
2/32 Bath Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week
27B Manser Street, Kukerin: 2 Bed, 1 Bathroom $150 per week