The Shire of Dumbleyung Driver and Vehicle Services Agency will be closed from the 15th until the 25th of June 2018 due to technical upgrades and staff training. During this time please call 13 11 56 for all Driver and Vehicle Services enquiries (Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm) or visitwww.transport.wa.gov.au . Thank you for your co-operation
tidy towns competition 2018 – judging visit Tuesday 26 June 10am – 12pm
Do you think we have a tidy town? Dumbleyung has been registered to enter the “Project” category for the ‘Bluebird Precinct’ in the 2018 Tidy Towns Awards. We have also entered the general appearance category which then expands to the town site. Judging will occur in town on Tuesday 26th June between 10am – 12pm, therefore if you were planning on tidying your yard soon, timing it for just before the 26th June would be a great help toward our competition entry. Thank you
Bain Estate Future Fund - APPLICATIONS OPEN
Thank you to everyone that participated in the review of the Bain Estate Future Fund. There was a great turnout at the meeting, 23 surveys returned from those that attended and another 37 surveys from those that could not make it. There was a fairly even split between keeping the fund operating for 20 years, 30 years and forever for those that attended the meeting with a 10 year timeframe also being popular for those that did not. A large part of the feedback was that people were not set on these timeframes, provided that the money was not wasted. An overwhelming majority of the respondents were happy for funds to be spent on Playgrounds, the Pool, Halls and Community Facilities and Sporting Facilities.
Taking the feedback into account, Council approved the following changes to the Guidelines and Application Form:
• Any undistributed funds will be added to the lifespan of the fund. This will extend the fund past 30 years if not all the funding is used each year.
• Community consultation is to take place every few years regarding the future fund distribution.
• Principle 5 has been amended to say “The fund is not to be used for shire capital or maintenance costs of roads, plant and equipment, footpaths, depot and administration buildings, housing, shire employee costs, overheads or operating costs.
Three additional changes that had already been made were:
• If required, applicants must be available to attend the Council Meeting where the Bain Estate Future Fund applications are discussed.
• Applicants must seek at least one local quote for each material or service.
• The in-kind component was clarified
If you are thinking of applying for Bain Estate Funding in 2018, you should already be planning your project. As part of this, you should get in touch with Mary-Ann Davidson to discuss your project. https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/bain-estate-future-fund
Dumbleyung Mini Mall – EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Shire of Dumbleyung is seeking expressions of interest for a Dumbleyung Mini Mall concept, where three small shops (Both permanent and pop ups) operate out of the vacant shop on Absolon Street.
The concept will create a constantly changing hub which will also act as a small business incubator. This allows these businesses to experiment and learn with minimal risk, gaining confidence to develop their business into the future.
Affordable & Low Risk
• $17 per week each shop space inclusive of water and electricity costs! (If less than three shops apply, rent will be calculated for the shared price to equal $50 per week)
• Sharing the time (Potential roster 2 days per week)
• Request your desired rental period, 1 week, 1 month, 3months or more
We envisage that either:
1. Two spaces would house small permanent shops, while one space would be made available for pop up shop bookings. The pop up space could be booked/utilised by individuals, community groups and touring shops.
2. Three spaces house three permanent shops.
Shop display spaces would be approximately 3x3m with the additional space shared for counter and access ways (flexible depending on interest).
Have you always wanted to have a shop but are short on money and time? The Dumbleyung Mini Mall could operate on a shared arrangement where as well as sharing the weekly rent, you can also share the time. For example if the Mini Mall is open Tuesday to Sunday with three shops inside, you could potentially choose to work together and roster two days each per week (This will depend on applicants). More information here:https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/localopportunities
Interested? All we need to know is if it will be products or services that you want to sell/offer and if you are looking for a permanent or pop up shop. Contact Nicole at the shire on 9863 4012 or email@example.com by 30th June 2018.
THE MONTHLY SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG NEWSLETTER 'LAKE EXPRESS' IS OUT NOW!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here: https://mailchi.mp/2d536c5f07cd/shire-newsletter-lake-express-volume-twenty-seven-may-2018