The shire has recently changed rubbish contractor, with the new contractor set to commence on Monday 2 July 2018. If you experience any problems with your service, please give the shire a call so that we can iron out any problems that may occur with the changeover.
STICKERS AVAILABLE ‘Please slow down, Consider our kids’
Stickers for green wheelie bins will be available for free at the Dumbleyung Post Office, Kukerin Post Office, Dumbleyung Community Resource Centre and the shire office.
SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG - PUBLIC NOTICE - 2018/2019 FEES & CHARGES
The 2018/19 Fees and Charges haves been adopted by Council at its Ordinary Meeting of Council on 21st June 2018. These will be put into effect as at 1st July 2018. Copies of the 2018/19 Fees and Charges will be available on the Shire Website, at the Shire Office and both the Dumbleyung Library and Kukerin Library.
Chief Executive Officer
Bain Estate Future Fund - APPLICATIONS OPEN
Thank you to everyone that participated in the review of the Bain Estate Future Fund. There was a great turnout at the meeting, 23 surveys returned from those that attended and another 37 surveys from those that could not make it. There was a fairly even split between keeping the fund operating for 20 years, 30 years and forever for those that attended the meeting with a 10 year timeframe also being popular for those that did not. A large part of the feedback was that people were not set on these timeframes, provided that the money was not wasted. An overwhelming majority of the respondents were happy for funds to be spent on Playgrounds, the Pool, Halls and Community Facilities and Sporting Facilities.
Taking the feedback into account, Council approved the following changes to the Guidelines and Application Form:
• Any undistributed funds will be added to the lifespan of the fund. This will extend the fund past 30 years if not all the funding is used each year.
• Community consultation is to take place every few years regarding the future fund distribution.
• Principle 5 has been amended to say “The fund is not to be used for shire capital or maintenance costs of roads, plant and equipment, footpaths, depot and administration buildings, housing, shire employee costs, overheads or operating costs.
Three additional changes that had already been made were:
• If required, applicants must be available to attend the Council Meeting where the Bain Estate Future Fund applications are discussed.
• Applicants must seek at least one local quote for each material or service.
• The in-kind component was clarified
If you are thinking of applying for Bain Estate Funding in 2018, you should already be planning your project. As part of this, you should get in touch with Mary-Ann Davidson to discuss your project. https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/bain-estate-future-fund
THE MONTHLY SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG NEWSLETTER 'LAKE EXPRESS' IS OUT NOW!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here: https://mailchi.mp/2d536c5f07cd/shire-newsletter-lake-express-volume-twenty-seven-may-2018