A friendly reminder that Dumbleyung and Kukerin Waste Site hours are 8am-5pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For more information on our waste sites, you can visit our website athttps://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/facilities
Building a shed, house or any other structure?
If building something you may need both Planning AND Building Permission. These are some basic steps to help you get started:
1. Call our Town Planner Joe for advice on 9303 2532.
2. Get an info pack from the shire.
3. Submit your planning application to be assessed and you will be notified of the outcome.
4. Call Josiah from Building Services for info about your building permit and submit your application 9881 1944.
5. Once approved, build your building.
6. Don't forget! Send off your completed form to Josiah.
REMINDER: Change of Rubbish and Recycling Bin Days - Starting from the 19th July (This Week General Waste)
Starting from the 19th July, rubbish and recycling will be collected on Thursday, with rubbish continuing as a once a week service and recycling remaining once a fortnight. Please Note: This week is general waste.With the change to a new contractor and single collection day, the time that your bin is picked up may change so please ensure your bin is emptied before bringing back in from the kerb. If you do encounter and problems, please give the shire a call.
BreastScreen WA in Dumbleyung 22/08/2018 until 24/08/2018
BreastScreen WA’s mobile screening mammography service is scheduled to visit Dumbleyung from 22/08/2018 until 24/08/2018, and will be located beside Dumbleyung Pool, Bennet Street.
A few points to note are:
· BreastScreen WA provides a FREE screening mammography service. · We invite women aged 50 - 74 years by mail. All women who attended previously will be invited. All women aged 40 years and over are welcome to attend. · Appointments are necessary and can be made onlinehttp://www.breastscreen.health.wa.gov.au/ or by telephoning 13 20 50 from approximately 25 July 21018. When towns are open for bookings they will appear on the map within online bookings. If the town does not appear on the map it is not open for bookings yet. Clients can see when a mobile unit will be in their town using the “Find your town” feature at http://www.breastscreen.health.wa.gov.au/Breast-screening/Rural-andremote-women
· Block bookings can be made for groups of women at any mobile. For further information please email Leonie.Beel@health.wa.gov.au or call 9323 6727, Natasha.OSullivan@health.wa.gov.au or call 9323 6727 and Faith.Lawton@health.wa.gov.au or call 9323 6778. · We can assist with transport costs for remote communities and can also provide refreshments for these groups. If you require assistance please contact Lorraine Knott
Tel. 9323 6773. Please find attached a copy of the advertisement and posters. This information may be used in a newsletter, website, Facebook page or other communication you have with local clubs or groups. If you require resources, please feel free to order them with the attached order form.
For more information please visit BreastScreen WA’s websitewww.breastscreen.health.wa.gov.au, and please like us on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/breastscreenwa/.
STICKERS AVAILABLE ‘Please slow down, Consider our kids’
Stickers for green wheelie bins will be available for free at the Dumbleyung Post Office, Kukerin Post Office, Dumbleyung Community Resource Centre and the shire office.
We are Finalists!
Thank you to everyone for the amazing effort in preparing for the Tidy Towns Competition judging and we are happy to report we have been announced as finalists in the Heritage & Culture category.
This year thirty two communities entered (with a further five entering but not submitting projects).
The Tidy Towns Sustainable Communities State Awards 2018 will be held on Friday 21 September, 2018.
Staff Meeting - Wednesdays at 2pm
A friendly note to let you know our staff meetings are at 2pm on Wednesdays. As much as we like our visitors and telephone calls, your help by minimising enquiries during this time will assist in keeping these meetings short and sweet.
Bain Estate Future Fund – APPLICATIONSCLOSE 03 August 2018 - 12.00pm (lunchtime)
Thank you to everyone that participated in the review of the Bain Estate Future Fund. There was a great turnout at the meeting, 23 surveys returned from those that attended and another 37 surveys from those that could not make it. There was a fairly even split between keeping the fund operating for 20 years, 30 years and forever for those that attended the meeting with a 10 year timeframe also being popular for those that did not. A large part of the feedback was that people were not set on these timeframes, provided that the money was not wasted. An overwhelming majority of the respondents were happy for funds to be spent on Playgrounds, the Pool, Halls and Community Facilities and Sporting Facilities.
Taking the feedback into account, Council approved the following changes to the Guidelines and Application Form:
• Any undistributed funds will be added to the lifespan of the fund. This will extend the fund past 30 years if not all the funding is used each year.
• Community consultation is to take place every few years regarding the future fund distribution.
• Principle 5 has been amended to say “The fund is not to be used for shire capital or maintenance costs of roads, plant and equipment, footpaths, depot and administration buildings, housing, shire employee costs, overheads or operating costs.
Three additional changes that had already been made were:
• If required, applicants must be available to attend the Council Meeting where the Bain Estate Future Fund applications are discussed.
• Applicants must seek at least one local quote for each material or service.
• The in-kind component was clarified
If you are thinking of applying for Bain Estate Funding in 2018, you should already be planning your project. As part of this, you should get in touch with Mary-Ann Davidson to discuss your project. https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/bain-estate-future-fund
THE MONTHLY SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG NEWSLETTER 'LAKE EXPRESS' IS OUT NOW!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here: https://mailchi.mp/06c6d112132c/shire-newsletter-lake-express-volume-twenty-eight-june-18?e=8ea7e70ab