Applications open 25th August 2017
The Robert and Daphne Citizenship Award is a $2750 donation towards education expenses open to any student from years 10 to 12 whose primary place of residence is in the Shire of Dumbleyung or the parents/guardians are ratepayers in the Shire of Dumbleyung.
Applications close on 22nd September 2017. To be eligible, all applications MUST address the selection criteria. To obtain a copy of the Award application please contact the Shire of Dumbleyung on 98634012 or email@example.com.
Results of Local Government Council Election
These are the results for the 2017 Council Elections:
North Ward - Jacki Ball - 4 Year Term exp 2021
North Ward - Bevan Doney - 4 Year Term exp 2021
South Ward - Grant Lukins - 4 Year Term exp 2021
Dumbleyung Ward - Marilyn Hasleby - 4 Year Term exp 2021
Dumbleyung Ward - Amy Knight - 2 Year Term exp 2019
Congratulations to our new and returning Councillors!!
Part Time Administration Assistant &
Part Time Creditors Officer
(12 Month Contract – Maternity Leave)
The Shire of Dumbleyung is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person/s to join our close knit team. This role can potentially be one full time position or two-part time positions. Applicants should possess suitable experience in similar roles. Local Government experience would be advantageous but not essential. Read more...
The shire has started fogging our townsites, to ensure that mosquitoes are controlled efforts are required from both the shire and residents. The fogging program is only partially effective, responsibility must still be taken by residents to ensure that they do everything possible to stop their homes becoming a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Mosquitoes breed in still water. The following are examples of potential breeding sites and control strategies that you can use around the home:
- seal any holes in septic tank / treatment plant to stop mosquito access.
- dispose of all tins, tyres and other rubbish containers that may hold water
- put sand around bases of pot plants to absorb excess water in the dish
- keep swimming pools chlorinated, salted or empty them completely when not in use for considerable period remove weeds and grass from drains to enable them to drain freely
- Keep roof guttering in good repair and regularly remove leaves and debris so that pools of water do not form
- Keep lawns and gardens well maintained so that you are not providing shelter for adult mosquitoes
- Install flywire screens on all windows and place self-closing wire screens on doors
- check, repair and replace any screens with holes (screens should be no coarser than 12 x 12 meshes per 25mm)
- Recognise and avoid areas of mosquito activity
- Use repellents containing DEET (diethyl toluamide) or Picaridin and ensure they are used as per manufacturer’ instruction
- Wear loose fitting and preferably light coloured clothing which covers as much of your body as possible
- Plan outdoor activities. If you are hosting an outdoor BBQ have repellent available for your guests
- Consider using residual surface sprays on structures particularly in shaded and sheltered areas. Use as per manufacturer’s instructions
Approved Local Planning Scheme Amendment
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2005
Approved Local Planning Scheme Amendment
Shire of Dumbleyung
Local Planning Scheme No.1 - Amendment No.5.
It is hereby notified for public information in accordance with section 87 of the Planning and Development Act 2005 that the Minister for Planning approved Amendment No.5 to the Shire of Dumbleyung Local Planning Scheme No.1 on 25 August 2017 to provide for the consolidation of the Scheme.
A final copy of the consolidated Scheme inclusive of all associated amendments was published in the Government Gazette on 12 September 2017, a copy of which can be obtained from the Shire of Dumbleyung Administration Centre or the Perth office of the Western Australian Planning Commission.
Chief Executive Officer
Roadworks are being carried out on the Tarin Rock South Road. If you are travelling this route please pay attention to road work signs as your cooperation is appreciated.
Red Dust Holdings were the successful applicants for the WANDRRA tender. Contract work will be starting to repair the flood damaged roads in the very near future.
Monthly Shire of Dumbleyung NEWSLETTER 'Lake Express' is out NOW!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here
IN THIS ISSUE
- Waste Site Updates
- Call for Nominations to be a Local Government Councillor of the Shire of Dumbleyung
- Kerbside Collection
- Employment & Business Opportunities
- Robert & Daphne McIntyre Citizenship Award
- Annual Vacant Block Maintenance
And so much more!!