There will be an informal opening of the new Kukerin Well-Aged Unit, located next to the Playgroup, at 10:00am on Friday 24th August 2018.
All Community Members are invited to come and have a look through the unit, whether interested in moving in or just to see the completed project.
BreastScreen WA in Dumbleyung 22/08/2018 until 24/08/2018
BreastScreen WA’s mobile screening mammography service is scheduled to visit Dumbleyung from 22/08/2018 until 24/08/2018, and will be located beside Dumbleyung Pool, Bennet Street.
A few points to note are:
· BreastScreen WA provides a FREE screening mammography service. · We invite women aged 50 - 74 years by mail. All women who attended previously will be invited. All women aged 40 years and over are welcome to attend. · Appointments are necessary and can be made onlinehttp://www.breastscreen.health.wa.gov.au/ or by telephoning 13 20 50 from approximately 25 July 21018. When towns are open for bookings they will appear on the map within online bookings. If the town does not appear on the map it is not open for bookings yet. Clients can see when a mobile unit will be in their town using the “Find your town” feature at http://www.breastscreen.health.wa.gov.au/Breast-screening/Rural-andremote-women
· Block bookings can be made for groups of women at any mobile. For further information please email Leonie.Beel@health.wa.gov.au or call 9323 6727, Natasha.OSullivan@health.wa.gov.au or call 9323 6727 and Faith.Lawton@health.wa.gov.au or call 9323 6778. · We can assist with transport costs for remote communities and can also provide refreshments for these groups. If you require assistance please contact Lorraine Knott
Tel. 9323 6773. Please find attached a copy of the advertisement and posters. This information may be used in a newsletter, website, Facebook page or other communication you have with local clubs or groups. If you require resources, please feel free to order them with the attached order form.
For more information please visit BreastScreen WA’s websitewww.breastscreen.health.wa.gov.au, and please like us on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/breastscreenwa/.
Robert & Daphne McIntyre Citizenship Award
*Applications open 24th August 2018* The Robert and Daphne Citizenship Award is a $2750 donation towards education expenses open to any student from years 10 to 12 whose primary place of residence is in the Shire of Dumbleyung or the parents/guardians are ratepayers in the Shire of Dumbleyung. Applications close on 21st September 2017. To be eligible, all applications MUST address the selection criteria. To obtain a copy of the Award application please contact the Shire of Dumbleyung on 9863 4012 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The more we hear from the community the better idea we have of what our community wants. If you have a great idea for the shire or your community group, please complete the short questionnaire on our website or pick up a form from the office and we will be in touch to discuss it further.https://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/ideas
Annual Vacant Block Maintenance
Some residents get the shire to mow their vacant resident blocks before the 1st November. In the latest fees and charges, a new fee was introduced whereby the shire will keep your vacant residential block tidy for the entire year for $253, around the same it would cost for a one off tidy. If you would like to take up this offer, in time for this year’s fire season, please get in touch with the shire before 30th September 2017.
Review of the Recreation Plan 2016
This year the shire will be reviewing the Recreation Plan. The first step in reviewing the plan will be two community workshops, one each in Dumbleyung and Kukerin, that will be open to all community members. These will be run in September so please keep an eye out in the coming month for the dates.
Since the Recreation Plan was last reviewed, a lot of work has been put into developing the shire’s strategic plans, and the review will be looking to integrate the Recreation Plan into the overall strategic plans. The workshop will be an opportunity for community members to hear about the future of the shire and how this may affect recreation, and to provide information to the shire on where the community thinks recreation is or should be heading.
A copy of the current Recreation Plan 2016 is available on the shire’s website.
Please be aware to two changes to the RAV system in the shire:
• Pike Rd in Kukerin, from Bennett Street to Kukerin Road South, has now been deemed suitable for access for RAV Vehicles Class 2-7. Low Volume Type A Conditions do apply.
• The rules for accessing non-RAV rated roads under the Harvest Mass Management Scheme will be changing for this coming harvest. Please keep an eye out for information about the changes.
Waste Site Hours
A friendly reminder that Dumbleyung and Kukerin Waste Site hours are 8am-5pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday. For more information on our waste sites, you can visit our website athttps://www.dumbleyung.wa.gov.au/facilities
Building a shed, house or any other structure?
If building something you may need both Planning AND Building Permission. These are some basic steps to help you get started:
1. Call our Town Planner Joe for advice on 9303 2532.
2. Get an info pack from the shire.
3. Submit your planning application to be assessed and you will be notified of the outcome.
4. Call Josiah from Building Services for info about your building permit and submit your application 9881 1944.
5. Once approved, build your building.
6. Don't forget! Send off your completed form to Josiah.
Staff Meeting - Wednesdays at 2pm
A friendly note to let you know our staff meetings are at 2pm on Wednesdays. As much as we like our visitors and telephone calls, your help by minimising enquiries during this time will assist in keeping these meetings short and sweet.
THE MONTHLY SHIRE OF DUMBLEYUNG NEWSLETTER 'LAKE EXPRESS' IS OUT NOW!
Want to receive it by post or email? Call us now 9863 4012.
Read all about our latest happenings in the Lake Express online here: https://mailchi.mp/9d2c4f94109c/shire-newsletter-lake-express-volume-twenty-nine-july