Dumbleyung Tennis Club
Well Saturday saw the final day for tennis with the Championship Mixed sponsored by Dongolocking Plumbing - Malcom Roberts, being played with good numbers of 7 pairs and this was going to be a tough day with everyone playing 6 sets. With the draw of the hat system in place once again a very evenly contested draw. Megan Henry once again coming to the fore and managing the desk to perfection, keeping all and sundry moving.
Mention must go to the tiebreaker players of all time- Jon Ward and Casey Angwin who played 5 tiebreakers and lost them all but certainly went down fighting. The final Mixed Shield winners, sponsored by Marnie Richardson were Scott Angwin and Jane Coad winning all 6 sets 36 games from Greg Bairstow and Jane Smith 5 sets 32 games. Jane Coad has been on fire this season even making history in the Pennant competition by winning 6 sets, winning the mixed and ladies doubles and we will see about the singles next year Jane - this has to be your priority to keep your heart rate up!!!
A big thank you to all our sponsors, without you all we wouldn't be the club we are today. Well done and congratulations to President Jamie Dare and his committee. Dave Wall, our exceptional Green Keeper, Captain Glenn Ball for his awesome commitment to our club, Tara Ball as Secretary, and to all players and spectators who come every week to support the club. All in all a great finish to the season. Don't forget the AGM on Tuesday 17 April at 7.00pm at Stubbs Park and if you have any suggestions or ideas please give to Glenn or a committee member if you can't make it.
Article supplied by Tamara Bartram
Dumbleyung Darts Club
Ricki Mott (Block) is our new Captain and we wish him all the best.
The season kicks off with the triples on Saturday 13th April starting at 1.30pm at the Wagin District Club. Names in by 1.00pm.
The first game will be on the following Wednesday 17th April in Wagin. Meet at Roadhouse Ric's at 7pm
Article supplied by Graham Wilson
Winter Sports are just around the corner!
- Lake Grace Kukerin Hockey Club will be hosting the Williams and Lake Grace-Pingrup Hockey Clubs in a scratch match carnival this Saturday April 6 at 10.30am. The day will conclude at approx. 2pm in time for Taste of Dumbleyung. Everyone welcome to come and watch!
- A Football Lighting Carnival/Scratch Match will be played at Nenke Park next Saturday April 13. The Kukerin Dumbleyung Football Club will be hosting the Hyden/Kalgarin ‘Saints’ and Albany ‘Railways’. Dinner to follow and everyone is welcome to come along!
- Fixtures will soon be available for most winter sports – keep an eye out in the ‘What’s On’ Calendar!
- Exciting news for the Dumbleyung Netball Club - the club will nominate two teams in 2019! Plus the court is currently receiving a makeover with a new court surface and netball rings being installed this week!
- See the article regarding, professional golf lessons in Dumbleyung! Organised for the community by the Dumbleyung Lakeview Golf Club!