Kukerin Dumbleyung Cricket Club
Dumbleyung Darts Club
Singles’ winner was Graham Wilson, with Roadhouse Ricky runner up.
Doubles’ winner Ricky Mott and Graham Wilson, with Roadhouse Ricky and BJ (John Williams) runner up.
All games fiercely fought to the end and thanks Pete for helping with the scoring.
Article by G. Wilson
Kukerin Bowling Club
It has been decided to have pennant practise on Thursday this week from 4.30 pm because a number of players will be attending the funeral of Mr Harold Smith, a former resident of Kukerin on Friday. Condolences are extended to the Smith families.
Social bowls on Sunday consisted of a two bowl pairs competition played as a round robin with five teams competing. At the end of the day the pairing of Clive Bahr and Ian Faulkner came out winners from Peter Davidson and Lindsay Joyce. Great to see Lindsay, an ex member having a game with us.
Next Sunday’s competition will be advised by captain Ross following the pennant game on Saturday.
Article by P. Adams
Dumbleyung Tennis Club
- Jane Smith winning 5 sets the highlight of the Dumbleyung team.
- Chad Davidson, Nathan Ditchburn, Tracy Taylor, Paul King winning 5 sets for Kukerin. It was good to see that Tracy & Paul were concerned in the mixed about the player getting hit in the head by her partner, saying “You should have been watching the ball.” As Daniel said, "Well since the hit in the head you have not lost your serve". A great mixed doubles with Daniel & Tamara losing both in tiebreakers. Paul serving at least 10 aces.
- The only mixed win for Dumbleyung was Jane and Jamie Dare, after a wayward hit, hit his opponent accidently.
- Marnie West a slight fat lip after being hit by her male opponent in the mixed.
- Tara Ball winning her singles, her last for the year - hopefully she will return next year for a visit!!
- An entertaining mixed doubles playing with husband Glenn for the 1st time and “Never again” was their reply when asked how it went.
- Daniel McDougall and Jamie Dare winning their men’s singles.
- With 11 matches going to 5-7 or 6-7, the Dumbleyung team did not win one of these, but it certainly made for good tennis all day even with the obnoxious wind playing havoc with all and sundry.
- Lightning Strikes: Fire-fighting duo Ross and Kim Gooding playing fiery tennis after a sleepless night of fires were hot to trot. Ross arriving in time to play in the mixed with a 100% winning streak.
- Pip Gooding played exceptional tennis, serving like the professionals. The 2nd serve quite often harder than the 1st and being a winner, very impressive Pip. Her hot to trot husband must have inspired her or that's the story and we are sticking to it.
This Saturday is the Dumbleyung Tennis Club singles please text, ring or email Glenn or Tara if playing. Friday social.
Article by T. Bartram