So let's play True and False to see if you know what needs to happen when you pilot an agricultural vehicle...
1. The agricultural vehicle is 3.2m wide and is 18m long, do you need a pilot vehicle?
2. A front pilot vehicle must be 1km (or more) in front of the agricultural vehicle?
3. The pilot vehicle must operate with their headlights or daytime running lights at all times?
1.FALSE - An agricultural vehicle over 3.5 metres wide or 25 metres long must not be used on a road unless it is accompanied by a front pilot vehicle
2. FALSE - The front pilot vehicle must be between 300 metres and 500 metres in front of the combination.
3. TRUE - Pilot vehicles must operate with their headlights or daytime running lights switched on at all times.
For more information about the correct pilot vehicle requirements click here or pick up a hard copy of the online information from the Shire of Dumbleyung.