As China’s waste import ‘ban’ hits Australia and our waste as a population continues to rise, recycling right is needed more than ever. Residents, business owners and organisations across Australia can all do their bit to help fight the war on waste.
One simple step you can implement today is recycling the correct materials in your yellow bins – see the Do’s and Don’ts of yellow bins below! Other recycling facts to keep in mind, especially with a lot of delicious food to be consumed and presents to be unwrapped this Christmas Season include,
- By recycling one plastic bottle, you can power a desktop computer for 25 minutes.
- 65% of plastic bottles end up in landfill which can take up to 1000 years to breakdown.
- Remove the lids from containers before placing in recycling bins.
- There is a FREE app (search Recycle Right in the App Store/Google Play) that conveniently assists with finding out what belongs in which bin. Plus! a range of tips and advice on living more sustainably.
- Upcycle gifts to family and friends – if you have any items you no longer use, fit or would like re gift the item.
Information sourced from planetark.com and recyleright.wa.gov.au