DUMBLEYUNG/KUKERIN ST JOHN SUBCENTRE AGM
Thursday 31st August @ 7pm @ Dumbleyung St John.
Apologies to Tara Ball firstname.lastname@example.org 0427634048
Genealogy for all
The next and final workshop for the Genealogy course will be held on September 5 at 10am. Please contact the CRC if you’d like more information on this workshop or any of the previous genealogy workshops held. Please note this is open to all as it is a stand-alone topic covering recording and publishing and will also have Don Kane as a special guest at 11am. Call 9863 4829 or email email@example.com
Rhyme Time coming soon!
Rhyme time with Mrs Gilfellon is back on Monday September 11. Add the date in your diary and watch this space for more information!
Do you have an announcement you'd like to share?
Births, weddings, engagements, reunions or you may just be looking for a lift to Perth. To send an announcement for the next Quack Chat click here.
Get on DEC
The Dumbleyung Events Committee (DEC) are currently seeking a Vice President, Secretary and at least one general committee member. If you are interested in joining this fun team, please come along to our next meeting on Tuesday September 5 at 6pm at the Dumbleyung Pub.
- Signing victims up to fake accounts – scammers are calling to ‘connect’ them to the NBN network for a low price. They will often demand payment be made through iTunes gift cards
- Gaining remote access to computers – scammers pretending to be NBN will call and claim there are problems with their computer. Scammers use this ruse to gain remote access to the victims computer to steal valuable information, install malicious software or demand payment to fix ‘problems’ they have discovered
- Phishing – scammers impersonating NBN will call victims to steal valuable personal information e.g. names, address, medicare, license details etc. The scammer may tell the victim they’re entitled to a new router and will ask to confirm the victim’s identity and personal details.
- If you’re unsure hang up the phone and call your retail service provider to check if the person calling is a fraud
- You can only connect to the NBN network by purchasing a plan with the phone/internet service provider. Visit the NBN website (http://www.nbnco.com.au/) if your home or business is able to connect and which providers are available in your area
- Never give your personal, credit card or online account details over the phone unless you know the call is from a trusted source
- Never give an unsolicited caller remote access to your computer